Managing commercial planning permission for projects of all types, uses and scales
For more than 30 years, our qualified Chartered Town Planners prepare and submit applications for a range of commercial developments including change of use for single premises through to substantial logistics sites on the edge of urban areas.
We have also acted for a number of Local Planning Authorities as expert planning witness in planning appeal hearings and inquiries.
Timely planning advice
Commercial planning expertise from planning appraisals, applications, appeals, enforcements, as well as seeking prior approval for Permitted Development Rights.
Our team of Chartered Town Planners are experienced in guiding and supporting clients through complex and time-consuming commercial development proposals.
We advise on whether developments require planning permission or not, or whether permission can be achieved via prior approval Permitted Development Rights.
We undertake Sequential Tests, which assess the suitability, viability and availability of schemes for main town centre uses in edge of centre or out-of-centre locations.
We also work in rural commercial situations, ranging from new fuel filling stations, EV charging facilities; seeking advertisement consent, or permission for large storage and distribution facilities.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY...
“Thank you to Aitchison Raffety for obtaining planning consent. I am very pleased with the way in which we were kept informed and how the various obstacles were dealt with in a professional way. It was an extremely difficult appeal to win.”
Planning appraisals with your interests in mind
We provide appraisals for planning permission, and how this might be best achieved. We can undertake pre-application enquiries with local planning authorities, prior to the preparation of detailed planning stages helping to ascertain how an application could be received before committing costs.
Finding the best way to secure planning permission
We will find the best method to secure your desired outcome, be it obtaining planning permission or objecting to it. We help landowners fully understand any issues relating to their land at the earliest stage and how best to manage their goals.
- Undertaking initial feasibility assessments and planning appraisals.
- Promoting land and property by way of representations within the plan-making process.
- Pre-application enquiries with the Planning Authority.
- Preparing and managing planning applications, including sub-consultant requirements.
- Conservation and Listed Building applications.
- Certificate of Lawfulness.
- Change of use.
- Discharge of planning conditions.
- Advice on the content of legal agreements.
- Planning briefs and Supplementary Planning Documents.
- Undertaking and managing planning appeals.
- Acting as Expert Witness in Hearings or Inquiries.
- Property and land valuation.
Want to know more?
Please complete the form below and a member of our team will be in touch with you.