Our education portfolio is wide, ranging from alterations and extensions to existing buildings, to more comprehensive developments including relocation and rationalisation projects, standalone buildings, and new sports facilities. We have also helped clients to unlock value through planning permission for alternative development.
Total planning advice
We provide a comprehensive planning service, from initial consultation, through to submission of the application. This includes:
- Initial consultation and appraisal, review of the site and any policy constraints or designations, and investigations into planning history;
- Pre-application meetings with the Local Planning Authority and other relevant bodies
- Preparation and submission of the application – detailed planning documents in support of the development.
We have excellent relationships with many architects and other consultants, including highways and transportation, ecology, landscape architects, heritage experts, arboriculturists, and contamination consultants.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY...
“We appointed Aitchison Raffety to ensure a smooth planning process including liaising re conditions for a new build special needs school in Northamptonshire. The service we received was very good, cost effective with information being provided in a timely manner and to a high standard.”
“We are a growing independent schools group. We have been using Aitchison Raffety for the past year to provide education property valuations, their knowledge in the education sector is second to none. Their methodical approach and understanding of the need for a quick turnaround has meant we have the correct information at the right time to move forward with our projects, enabling us to enhance our commercial decisions. They are also multi-disciplinary and have been able to advise and quote for appealing our business rates. I would happily recommend their services.”
“The Trust of Mount St Mary’s College and Barlborough Hall School required a business appraisal and valuation advice on their educational estate. The Trust contacted the Education Team at Aitchison Raffety for a formal valuation which formed part of the estate and finance strategy, along with the impact on the value following a disposal of surplus land. Aitchison Raffety provided concise and clear advice in a professional manner, which included post valuation reviews. We would not hesitate to recommend them to educational providers requiring property valuation advice.”
Tailored to your need and situation
There are many rules around the expansion or redevelopment of rural schools and education sites. Similarly, schools in built-up urban locations find land for development is finite, and space is a premium.
In each case we provide specialist expertise and advice to help get the most out of the site.
Securing your education establishments planning permission
Our trusted team of Education Planning Consultants will find the best method to secure your outcome.
- Agile and responsive team on hand.
- Provide an extensive knowledge and experience on education development.
- Enhance the value of land and other assets.
- Prepare, submit, and manage many types of development proposals from initial stages to determination.
- Handle all types of planning appeals and tribunals providing either written evidence or as expert witnesses in Public Inquiries and Examinations.
- Review and look at potential land opportunities.