Complete planning process from pre application advice to planning application or appeals
Areas covered include Site Appraisals, pre-application consultations, public consultations, preparation of planning applications and supporting documents, discharge of planning conditions, appeals, expert witness and assessing the housing land supply position. In addition, we promote sites for residential development through the development plan process seeing the process through to the Plan’s Examination stage.
Sound planning advice
Pre-application consultation is often important to draw out the issues which will need addressing. Each site will have its own requirements and this can also include consideration of housing land supply, boundary concerns, the requirement for affordable housing, redevelopment of brownfield sites and the scale of financial contributions.
Our experience of the application process involves consultation and negotiation with Council officers and other statutory consultees. Once determined, we also deal with the discharge of planning conditions securing the necessary consents for the development to begin.
There are many forms of residential development and our experience is wide ranging to include conversions, HiMOs, permitted development opportunities, affordable housing proposals and heritage proposals.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY...
“It was an extremely difficult appeal to win given the lobbying against the development. You did a great job and I have no hesitation in using Aitchison Raffety again and would recommend you to others.”
Securing your planning permission
We manage all types of planning application from Prior Approvals for a development to more detailed application. We deal with applications of all sizes, location and type. The importance of financial contribution and viability are often dealt with along with affordable housing provision.
We provide planning advice to clients including land owners, developers, individuals and Councils. We secure permissions for a range of developments enhancing the value of the land and meeting the need for new housing, both market and affordable.
- Provide an extensive knowledge and experience on residential development.
- Enhance the value of land and other assets.
- Prepare, submit and manage many types of development proposals from initial stages to determination.
- Advise and assist local groups including District Councils, Parish Councils and Neighbourhood Groups in respect of development.
- Provide advice on the need for new housing sites.
- Promote land through the development plan process for residential use.
- Handle all types of planning appeals and tribunals providing either written evidence or as expert witnesses in Public Inquiries and Examinations.