020 7907 3700
The legislation and regulations surrounding Compulsory Purchase are extremely complex. We understand the pressures and stresses caused by Compulsory Purchase Orders (CPO’s) and the damage, and tensions, these can cause. We advise clients throughout the process of their rights, providing sound valuation advice and negotiating the best deal on their behalf.
The principle of Compulsory Purchase is to place the Claimant in the same position as they were before the scheme. However, it is essential that people affected get professional representation from an early stage. Professional fees form part of the Claim and our fees are payable by the acquiring authority. Accordingly, there is no cost to yourself.
Our services include:
- Advising on your statutory rights and options
- Preparation of reports and valuations setting out the claim and procedural recommendations
- Advice on objecting to CPO’s
- Representation at Public Inquiries
- Negotiating with the Acquiring Authority, in advance of the CPO as well as after it
- Relocating businesses
- Advance payments
- Disturbance compensation
- Loss payments
- Presentation of cases in Court/Tribunal as appropriate