At Aitchison Raffety, we are currently involved with in excess of 170 rent reviews in relation to health centres and doctor’s surgeries.
- Since the advent of the NHS Directions 2013, the review process has seen some changes and now requires both Landlord and Tenant to agree the revised rent via independently appointed surveyors prior to NHSE and District Valuer involvement. We have considerable experience acting for both Landlords and Tenants.
- As a Landlord we are able to liaise with the Tenants representative to ensure the return on their investment is maximised using a large database of comparable evidence and specialist knowledge of the process involved. When acting for a Tenant, their primary concern is to ensure continued rent reimbursement from NHS England for any revised agreement. We are also experienced in undertaking appeals where the District Valuer’s assessment does not match up to the agreed level of rent.
Lease renewals can be complex, and doctors are not always fully aware of the impact of the proposed agreements that they are entering into. Once again we are experienced in acting for both Landlords and Tenants in this respect, liaising with NHSE to ensure continued support for the length of the agreed term and proposed levels of rent.
Our service follows this through from initial discussions to establish the requirements of our client, preparing Heads of Terms, negotiations with the other party, to NHS approval of the final draft prior to signature.
- Chells Medical Centre, Stevenage, Hertfordshire
- CMR (Notional Rent) Appeals
- Investment, Sale & Leaseback
- IPD Healthcare Index
- Lister House, Harlow
- Morden Hill Surgery, London
- NHS Grant Funding
- Property Management
- Rent Reviews & Lease Renewals
- Say ARhh… Aitchison Raffety Healthcare Property Blog
- Surgery Improvement & Development
- The Avenue Medical Centre, Blackley