In a constantly changing economic environment, together with an evolving business rates system, it is important to review all opportunities to mitigate liability and adopt a strategy appropriate to the situation to maximise savings. This can involve appeals against the ‘Rateable Value’ and/or challenges to the rate bills calculations.
Regulations dealing with the calculation of rate bills are highly complex including numerous reliefs and exemptions. Following each Revaluation there has been a scheme of transitional adjustments to phase in larger changes in bills resulting from altered Rateable Values. All of these matters can result in billing errors. A historic rates audit will comprehensively review charges going back several years to identify and reclaim overpayments.
- Business Rates Budgeting
- Business Rates Data Sheet England
- Business Rates Data Sheet Scotland & Wales
- Business Rates Mitigation
- Business Rates Review (Audits)
- Business Rates Testimonials
- Caledonian House, Hertfordshire
- Business Rates Appeal
- Disruption Appeals
- Empty Property Business Rates