We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, competitive and energetic person to join our lively and busy St Albans office and to assist in continuing the growth and success. The ideal candidate would be keen to learn and have good interpersonal skills. The role is predominantly involved in the sale of commercial property but includes a fair amount of lease advisory and some private valuation work.
Personality is another key aspect as you will be dealing with a diverse range of clients and applicants on a day to day basis. The need for professionalism is paramount to the role but also to the culture and environment of the division to create a great place in which to work.
We are looking for a motivated and hard-working individual who enjoys working within a great team who wants to grow their career within a leading surveying practice. The role creates a great platform for passing the APC and career progression.
Values: Determine how to become ‘First Choice’ within all the markets in which we operate. Aitchison Raffety is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Main Responsibilities: (some after suitable training):
- Conducting viewings, inspecting and measuring properties and preparing sales/letting details
- Negotiating terms for sale or letting, preparing Heads of Terms
- Dealing with social media
- Maintaining database
- Reading and summarising leases
- Collecting and analysing comparable evidence
- Assisting with negotiation of rent reviews and lease renewals
- Assisting in the valuation of properties for various purposes
- Assisting and drafting of reports
- Obtaining instructions
- Diligent record keeping
Mission: To assist with all aspects of agency, lease advisory, and valuation in this busy department. To perform in line with targets as well as established company procedure. Generally supporting the values of the company in all aspects of the job function.
Outcome: To help in achieving the annual targets and increase the profitability of the Agency Team.
Qualification Experience and Competence: A relevant degree / conversion course to surveying / estate management or similar would be useful but not essential. Sime experience of property agency / surveying would be useful but not essential. Alternatively, a recently qualified surveyor would also be considered.
We expect you to have (or work towards) the following skills:-
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Excellent work process and organisational skills
- Good teamworking ability
- Innovative mindset
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Ability to negotiate
- Good communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new ideas
- Attention to detail
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- A can-do attitude with ability to find solutions
- A good knowledge of Office Products
- Creative and adaptable to change
- Ability to embrace digital attributes
- Experience in finding information quickly
- Ability to collect, analyse and disseminate evidence
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list and other duties will be required from time to time as appropriate to the needs of the business.
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.