Our Chartered Building Surveyors are highly experienced at dealing with Dilapidations which is increasingly becoming a specialist and complex area. We work with both landlords and tenants preparing Dilapidations Assessments and Schedules of Dilapidations.
The law relating to this area is fairly complicated and negotiating dilapidations claims requires expertise in the legal principles, valuation and the pricing of building works. Good negotiation strategies and experience in the tactics available are crucial in obtaining the best results for our clients.
- We have specialist dilapidations Chartered Surveyors with considerable experience of acting for landlords and tenants. Our aim is to provide solutions which are in the best interests of our clients.
- As experienced dilapidations negotiators, we know that settling dilapidations disputes is as much about tactics in negotiation as facts.
- We offer strategic dilapidations advice to tenants advising them on their liability prior to the expiration of the lease term and their exit options, which in some instances involves carrying out remedial works which we are able to project manage on their behalf.
- When acting on behalf of landlords, we monitor the tenant’s works to ensure they are being conducted to an acceptable standard and that they comply with the lease covenants.
- In cases where we achieve a cash settlement for our landlord clients, we offer project management services to ensure that works are carried out to rectify the items of dilapidation.